8.31.2011

Sinless Brownies

vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, eggless

The only 'guilty' thing about these is the 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. ;-P The dark chocolate . . . well it's dark chocolate, period. o_O Anyway, these make a nice between-lunch-and-dinner-snack. (This was mine today + a spoonful of almond butter. *wink*) I don't use protein powder, but throw some in if you want.

(Yeah, no pic yet. :-( I'll get Caroline to take one but if you make these (or any of my recipes!) and get a better pic than what I have, send it to me!)

Combine dry ingredients:
  • 3/4 c. oat flour (about 1 cup of oats, ground in food processor)
  • 1/3 c. cocoa powder (carob flour is better if you have it)
  • 1 T. brown sugar
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. salt
Combine wet ingredients:
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed or puréed
  • 1 c. unsweetened natural or organic apple sauce
  • 1 t. vinegar
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
Stir in:
  • 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
  • 1/4 c. raisins or cranberries
Pour into a lightly greased 9x9 inch baking dish or pan. Bake at 350* for about 10 min. give or take. -You don't have to bake them a long time since they're eggless. I like mine gooey but whatever.


Recipe by AnneKatherine

1 comment:

I <3 to hear from ya!