9.18.2011

"2 Hours and 57 Minutes 'Til My Birthday!!"

Miss Emmaline is counting down the hours until her 8th birthday.


She went to Starbucks to celebrate early while we shopped at Target today. ;-)


I had the new Salted Caramel Mocha (plus an extra shot) and it was SO rich I could hardly 1/4 of it! Mom got hers with half of the pumps and it was much better. Good flavor combination though!

And my YOGURT turned out!!!!


Really, really simple:

Pour desired amount of whole milk into crock pot (I used 1/2 gal. and it made 4-5lbs) and cook on low for 2-1/2 - 3 hrs. Turn crock pot off. Let cool (while keeping lid on) for 2-1/2 - 3 hrs. Stir in about 1 cup of Greek yogurt. (If you don't let the milk cool long enough it will kill the cultures!) Wrap in a warm towel and leave overnight. (I let mine culture for more than 12 hrs. but I'm wondering if it would have gotten thicker if I'd cultured it longer.) Chill before eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 to hear from ya!