9.29.2011

Dinner Tonight : Fresh Egg Gnocchi with Thyme Butter Parmesan

I was a little upset when I was ready to make pasta tonight and realized I was out of WHOLE WHEAT flour!! :-( Oh well . . . these were still yummy. ;-)


Pasta recipe via Cooks Illustrated.

Pulse 2 c. flour, 3 eggs, and 1-3 T. water in the food processor. Let the dough rest 15 min. to 2 hrs. then roll it out however you want to. I don't have a pasta machine. It was getting late too and this was supposed to be quick, so I just rolled the pasta into gnocchi balls.

For the butter I melted about 1/4 lb. butter then added 1/2 c. Parmesan and 1/2 T. dried thyme. I love these so much more with whole wheat flour or even better, sweet potatoes(!) but these were good.



And we paired the gnocchi with Apple Spinach Salad with Hville apples! We're missing apple season right now so Gramma mailed us a whole box full! They're so superior to any apples at our local grocery store! More thyme butter drizzled on top.

1 oz of dark chocolate for dessert!

(via)

Enjoying David Suchet as Poirot tonight! I think the oldest ones are a little corny, but I love the newer ones!
:-D

1 comment:

I <3 to hear from ya!