10.09.2011

Green

Yes, green. Is there any other way you can describe the juice I made?? I can't even describe what it tasted like. It wasn't bad.....but it wasn't amazing either. It was just, well, "green." :-)



Buuuut, I find that when I drink 20-24 oz of this juice I'm getting: 10 grams of protein, 310 mg calcium, and 1,670 mg potassium. Not to mention the amount of vitamin K, Vitamin A and folic acid......all in 114 cals!



You're supposed to make this is a juicer of course, but I made this in the food processor and then put it threw a fine strainer.

  • one bunch of kale or collard greens
  • 1 head of romaine - 1/2 cucumber
  • 1 apple
  • 1 small lemon or half of a large lemon
  • 3-4 stalks of celery
  • 1-1/2 inch piece of ginger
  • stevia to taste
Green....this juice reminds me of Elphaba ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's....green. :-) Have you ever tried green smoothies? (they don't actually turn out green)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've probably made something similar to green smoothies, why don't you post the recipe on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 to hear from ya!