I just got back from one of the best weekends I've had in a long time!
- Joshua Bell concert (front row seats; autographed copy of the Mendelssohn/Bruch/Mozart recording;l picture! I'll post more of that later).
- A just-for-fun performance before the worship service yesterday of Bach's double violin concerto. Sarah and I had a blast. :-)
- Annnd some time here and there for cooking and baking with Gramma Barbara:
How To Make:
Applesauce in Crockpot
(1) Before bed, peel and chop apples--however many it takes to fill up your crock-pot. The sweeter your apples, the sweeter the results.
(2) Add as many different spices as desired. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, cloves, etc.--As much spice as you like, but you will need quite a bit for a full flavor.
(3) Cook on low heat overnight.* In the morning, refrigerate until chilled.
*You can also cook on high heat for about 4-5 hrs. if you prefer not to leave your pot plugged in all night.